Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ho To Fly In Poptropica Interview with Opera Matenrou (Oct 2009)

important. That is Probably the Same for all bands, But for us the music is our first priority, What we care about MOST.

BXTE.info: You are a rock band, But You have "Opera" in your name. Rather Is not that unusual? Where did That come from? Yu
: [Opera] isn't contemporary music, It's music created long ago, beautiful old style, classical. Since We Are using That, too, it Became part of the name. Matenrou (skyscrapers) stand for the modern part.

BXTE.info: I see. Yu
: Something like a modern heavy [Metal].

BXTE.info: Go on.
Yu: That Combined with the beauty [Of classic music] then led to the Opera Matenrou name.

BXTE.info: What is your inspiration for your visual image? Sono
: Good question.
Ayame: Hehe.

BXTE.info: (to Anzi) What is your own style? Anzi
: It's definitely nothing Anime. It's "rock star". It's really a pretty orthodox idea.

BXTE.info: You are Having a new single come out in december, can you tell us about it? What is the title? Sono
: The title is "Murder Scope." It's a fast, high tension song.

BXTE.info: Another thing coming up is your 3rd anniversary next March, with a live at Shibuya's CC Lemon Hall, Opera Matenrou But how did start in the first place?
Yu: On top of the concept of "Matenrou" and "Opera" That we Explained a bit Earlier, we want to create music That Might Be Used as an anime theme song, pero in a visual style, Something That Would people want to buy. Play the heavy metal we want to perform. That's what gave us the idea to start.

BXTE.info: When was that, when did you all get together?
Yu: The current members, I think in November 2007? October?
Sono: Yes, I thing that was 2007.
Anzi: Officially, it's since January 2008.

BXTE.info: And how did you meet?
Sono: I found Ayame, who was playing in the same visual scene, invited him to join. (laughs)
Yu: Anzi and I had played in another band before, also a heavy metal band, so when our guitar left I asked him whether he want to join us.

BXTE.info: What band was that?
Yu: What band? Rhapsody. Rhapsody.
Anzi (simultaneously): Rhapsody. (laughs)
Yu: like, Italian Rhapsody.
Anzi: Something likeKI of X JAPAN.
Yu: Even though you're a vocalist (Laughs)
Sono: Even though I'm a vocalist. (Laughs)
Yu: I also started drumming because I admired YOSHIKI.
Ayame: I like to play around with a PC and created song on that, that's how I started. I think was 15 or so then.
Anzi: I used to play violin as a child, then in high school I came across Yngwie Malmsteen, an awesome heavy metal, and thought he was really cool and that made me start myself.

BXTE.info: Could you imagine playing violin in Matenrou Opera, some time?
Anzi: Play violin in Matenrou Opera? I quit playing that so long ago... (laughs)

BXTE.info: Sorry... (laughs)
Anzi: I'd really have to practice hard to play [violin] publicly.
CHTn in general?
Ayame: Oh yes.

BXTE.info: To get back to today, one of your members, I on bass, is missing from this interview ...
Sono: Yes, he's playing as support bassist for Versailles [as stand in for a deceased bassist Jasmine You - Ed], so he's busy with Preparations for That.

BXTE.info: You Performed here Yourselves Earlier today, What do you think about an event like this, where, So Many Different Bands Perform Together? [About V-Rock fest 2009]

Yu: Normally, playing in livehouses, It's always a limited number of fans That Sees a limited number of bands, always [the Same ones, by Implications] Now at an event like this, with So Many bands coming together in the Same place, I think it's a great chance for Attendants t: Opera Matenrou Argentina, F: ex.

0 comments:

Post a Comment